Board logo

About Assumption

Mission Statement

"Assumption College School is our catholic learning community where we strive for excellence and we work to Become Respectful, Responsible Individuals Who are ready to serve our World In the Spirit of Christ"

History

In 1941, Brantford Catholic High School opened in the basement of St. Ann's Elementary School with just one Grade 9 class. A new class was added each year until 1951 when the school moved to a former residence on Dufferin Ave. From 1951 to 1978, the priests of the Congregation of the Resurrection acted as the principals. In 1959, the schools name changed to St. John's College.

In 1991, enrolment exceeded 1700 students. This necessitated the opening of Assumption College in September, 1992, with fewer than 600 students.

In 2001, Holy Trinity, Simcoe was built to decrease the large populations at Assumption College (1600 students in the year 2000) and St. John's College.

After, it was recognized that the school population was growing (over 1500), and an expansion was needed. In February 2008, the 3rd floor was built, including new classrooms, science labs, and a cosmetology lab. The new facilities have allowed us to off er new and exciting programs to better serve our students.

Currently, Assumption College School has a population of 1454.